Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chelsea FC.

I think I was in 5th grade then. I was a big Midtown Madness 2 fan. 

I wanted to know more about Football in general. There was only one name on everyone's mouth then : Manchester United. I decided not to support them as everyone supported them. I had to choose a different club. 

Meanwhile, while driving a double decker bus across London, (breaking all the rules, destroying street lights etc), I noticed a name written Chelsea on the bus. 

Now, the next morning I read a headline which read, "Chelsea 1-0 Charlton."
And thus began my love affair with Chelsea FC. 8 years on, I haven't regretted a single moment.


Took me a further two years to get to know that a club had a 'manager', an 'owner' etc. By the time I realized it, Chelsea FC had won the league under the Abramovich era, and I was regarded as one of the 'glory hunters'.











You don't 'decide' which club to support, you just support.

No comments:

Post a Comment